Re: Burnley Grp Trains (Melb)

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Reuben Farrelly wrote:

> I remember things being much better about 12 months ago - before then
> things were frequently late as well, but about 12 months ago almost all
> trains seem to have been run very close to scheduled time.   Things have
> slipped since The Met has been gradually more and more carved up into
> two organisations.
>
> Admittedly the biggest problems seem to be getting trains to depart
> ontime from FSS.  Catching trains from Camberwell in the evening is
> usually much better.

Reuben,

This is obviously a major flaw in splitting the Met.
If a Hillside train becomes defective at Flinders St (or an arrival runs
late), only a Hillside train can be transposed to run that service. ( & vv
with Bayside). It is quite likely to get worse.  Hillside & Bayside still
work with each other quite a bit.  (i.e. Swapping drivers, just not
swapping trains)

Gareth.

Gareth Lumsden, s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au
**** NOW UPDATED **** - http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278
"Windows 98 could not find ding.wav - Reformat C Drive? Y/Y"
"Slam forehead on keyboard to continue"