Re: Burnley Grp Trains (Melb)

Reuben Farrelly <reuben@mira.net.AAAA> wrote in message
37205CDB.170DF81E@mira.net.AAAA">news:37205CDB.170DF81E@mira.net.AAAA...

> Johann Fan wrote:
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Travelling home tonight there were a lot of cancellations on Burnley grp
> > trains (all times ex FSS):
> > 1716 Upper FT Gully 4 mins late
> >           supposedly modified to : Richmond-Glenferrie-Camberwell-all
> > stations
>
> Can't wait for the day when they modify the schedules to be something
> like Lilydale express to Flinders St ;)

They have run Glen Wav to burnley express one morning when it was running
about 10mins late

> >           (destination TV had: connects with Deepdene, East Kew bus at
East
> > Camberwell (???))
> >  but not sure as I was on the Belgrave train which left 2mins after it
but
> > didn't overtake it between Camberwell & Box Hill.
> > 1719 Glen Wav cancelled
> > 1722 Belgrave ONTIME (stopped Camberwell, meant to be exp. Richmond-
> > BoxHill
>
> Wow!  Obviously I'm not the only one surprised! :)
>
> > 1724 Lilydale cancelled
> > 1729 Upper FT Gully 6 mins late
>
> The 19:25 Camberwell -> Flinders St was approximately 17 mins late
> arriving at Camberwell as well.  Sounds like things still weren't
> working right.  The 7:50pm Flinders -> Ringwood was 9 minute late
> leaving.
>
> Seems like the concept of running suburban trains on time went out with
> last week's trash.  I haven't caught a Belgrave/Lilydale/Burnley group
> train that has been on time according to the platform clocks, departing
> Flinders St at 9 in the morning for at least 6 weeks now...but I can't
> remember the last time that a VLP train left late :)  [It -really-
> stuffs up connections when that happens]  It is good to see that at
> least one operator has gotten their stuff together and figured that
> "ontime, everytime" is what people expect.

I have to say that although a lot (ok... most) trains leave on time... I
actually remember being on a train that ran on time ex FSS and arrived
early... driver must have been finishing his shift???

> Along with this new passenger charter that was supposed to be a good
> thing, were supposed to be statistics which demonstrated observations
> such as this and put numbers and times on performance of the system.
> Does anyone know if they are publically available yet?  Or does the
> charter not count until the two companies are sold off?

The times are published.. I remember downloading some of them last year...
but they measure by +/- 5mins when it should really be +/- 2mins.. lets them
off the hooks... saying 97% of trains run on time (with 5min) instead of 40%
(with 2mins).. ok.. slight exageration there =)

Charter starts when it is sold... so I have been told... otherwise they'd be
paying a lot of compensation in free tickets... speaking of which...the
magenetic stripe on my monthly metcard (expires 11/5) has stuffed up... this
is the second one in a row... first one got jammed by validator... another
form to fill out... just great =(

cheers
Johann