Re: Burnley Grp Trains (Melb)

Johann Fan wrote:

> > Seems like the concept of running suburban trains on time went out with
> > last week's trash.  I haven't caught a Belgrave/Lilydale/Burnley group
> > train that has been on time according to the platform clocks, departing
> > Flinders St at 9 in the morning for at least 6 weeks now...but I can't
> > remember the last time that a VLP train left late :)  [It -really-
> > stuffs up connections when that happens]  It is good to see that at
> > least one operator has gotten their stuff together and figured that
> > "ontime, everytime" is what people expect.
>
> I have to say that although a lot (ok... most) trains leave on time... I
> actually remember being on a train that ran on time ex FSS and arrived
> early... driver must have been finishing his shift???

I'm frequently trying to get from Spencer St -> Flinders -> Camberwell
at about 9am most mornings.  My definition of "on-time" though is about
1 or 2 minutes...5 minutes is late as far as I am concerned...

I remember things being much better about 12 months ago - before then
things were frequently late as well, but about 12 months ago almost all
trains seem to have been run very close to scheduled time.   Things have
slipped since The Met has been gradually more and more carved up into
two organisations.

Admittedly the biggest problems seem to be getting trains to depart
ontime from FSS.  Catching trains from Camberwell in the evening is
usually much better.

> > Along with this new passenger charter that was supposed to be a good
> > thing, were supposed to be statistics which demonstrated observations
> > such as this and put numbers and times on performance of the system.
> > Does anyone know if they are publically available yet?  Or does the
> > charter not count until the two companies are sold off?
>
> The times are published.. I remember downloading some of them last year...
> but they measure by +/- 5mins when it should really be +/- 2mins.. lets them
> off the hooks... saying 97% of trains run on time (with 5min) instead of 40%
> (with 2mins).. ok.. slight exageration there =)

Where can we see these figures?  Might be worth a nosey sometime ;)

Reuben