Re: 2 car K sets

Robert Harris wrote in message <364CC874.2CA15D1B@fastlink.com.au>...

>There was a 2 car set in an accident at Cowan and the set was destroyed.
This is
>not the 3801 accident. I am not sure if it was a 2 car K set or an L set.
(Yes I
>am using the current numbering.)
>
>I have been consulting with numerous drivers and all are in agreement that
there
>were 10 cars built and now only 8 cars left.

The 2-car sets have motors number C3501-3504 - the second series K-sets were
numbered C3505-C3550 - this sort of shows that there were only four 2-car
sets - unless they numbered the fifth-set in a different number block.

>I will go and ask some one in fleet ops / management (or whatever they call
>themselves this week) for the correct details.

I already have - the four 2-car sets are all in operation as 2-car sets, and
the only other set fitted with air-conditioning as new, C3550/T4216 is part
of the general  K-set pool.

David "The Doctor" Proctor
daproc.spambait@umpires.com