Re: 2 car K sets

The accident occurred on a Saturday evening.... there was single line
working on the bank and the freighter was standing at Cowan waiting a path..
in those days the electric used to terminate at Cowan... R1 was an eight car
set that night.... and 2 cars were demolished..

For the poster who wondering why there were 10 cars built... one
word...SPARES

Jack
Robert Harris wrote in message <364CC874.2CA15D1B@fastlink.com.au>...

>David Proctor wrote:
>

>> >10 of these cars but 2 were destroyed in the Cowan accident many years
ago,
>> >along with the driver.
>>
>> There were originally EIGHT of these cars - four 2-car sets - numbered
>> C3501-04 and D4096-99. During the manufacturing of the second series of
what
>> is now the 'K' sets, the last set - C3550 and T4216 - was fitted with
>> air-conditioning when built - ALL are still in service. Are you referring
>> the accident involving 3801 Ltd? This was a 'V' set.
>> Consider yourself corrected.
>>
>> David "The Doctor" Proctor
>> daproc.spambait@umpires.com
>
>There was a 2 car set in an accident at Cowan and the set was destroyed.
This is
>not the 3801 accident. I am not sure if it was a 2 car K set or an L set.
(Yes I