Re: 2 car K sets

David Proctor wrote:

> >10 of these cars but 2 were destroyed in the Cowan accident many years ago,
> >along with the driver.
>
> There were originally EIGHT of these cars - four 2-car sets - numbered
> C3501-04 and D4096-99. During the manufacturing of the second series of what
> is now the 'K' sets, the last set - C3550 and T4216 - was fitted with
> air-conditioning when built - ALL are still in service. Are you referring to
> the accident involving 3801 Ltd? This was a 'V' set.
> Consider yourself corrected.
>
> David "The Doctor" Proctor
> daproc.spambait@umpires.com

There was a 2 car set in an accident at Cowan and the set was destroyed. This is
not the 3801 accident. I am not sure if it was a 2 car K set or an L set. (Yes I
am using the current numbering.)

I have been consulting with numerous drivers and all are in agreement that there
were 10 cars built and now only 8 cars left.

I will go and ask some one in fleet ops / management (or whatever they call
themselves this week) for the correct details.

rgds