Re: Cockatoo Run tomorrow

Bevan Wall wrote in message <364cc621.1349346@NEWS.OZEMAIL.COM.AU>...
>The Cockatoo Ron tomorrow (Sunday) is scheduled to amalgamate
>with a tour worked by 3801 for the return trip from Robertson to
>Unanderra. Times for the 3801 train are: Picton, 10.03am, Moss Vale,
>11.02, Robertson arrive 11.36, depart with the Cockatoo Run, 2.43pm,
>Unanderra arrive 4.05pm.
>
>Bevan Wall.

Today's was worked by 4401 again but, more interestingly, about two minutes
after I had photographed it at Farmborough Heights it was followed by an
empty coalie with 8206 and 8175 up front. When I heard the coalie coming I
thought it was too close behind but when it showed up it was on the other
track (the up track, down the mountain). This is the first time I have seen
the bi-directional facility used on the mountain. The coalie was travelling
quite a bit faster than 4401 so would have passed it well before Dombarton.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton