Re: NRC <> Brisbane to Sydney safeworking.

Richard Wardle wrote:

(SNIP)

> >makes everytrain stop and get a lump of metal that cannot* be wrong. It
> also
> >means that all crew have full control of there train, I.E. not allowing it
> >trundle trough on autopilot.
> >

> >* It has happened where the crew have removed the staff from the wrong
> machine
> >and taken the road.
>
> What you have said about the crew taking the wrong staff very very rarely
> occurs. There is a system that when you have a train crewed by 2 men that
> they check each other all the time. That is that when the 2nd person
> withdraws the staff he then hands it to the driver to check it for
> correctness. If it is wrong then the error is corrected also in an electric
> staff system only ONE staff can be withdrawn at any one time which means
> only ONE train in the section at any one time.

To my knowledge a train arrived somewhere and inserted the staff, there was a
train in the next section and couldn't remove the staff. they waited and tried
again, no luck. On the third attempt the fireman went into the signal box and
removed A staff. then took off driver didn't check) and then had a meeting in
the middle of the night in a paddock.

The fireman pulled the staff out of the machine for the section hey came from.
looked at the staff number but didn't look at the sections when he filled in the
book, just wrote what it should've been.

It was human error but it does happen.

--
Bye for now,

Eben

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~tkid/

And one ring to rule ... err ... moderate them all!