Re: NRC <> Brisbane to Sydney safeworking.

Richard Wardle wrote:

(SNIP)

> >and computers do make errors. what if it gets a fualty byte in it's memory
> and
> >that corrupts the data been carried?
>
> If the computer has a piece of corrupted data it will fail; that is crash
> like yours does when it has a fault.

Well, have you ever had text corruption? I have just had it on mIRC, it makes it
bloody hard to read anything but what I just done was use the menu's to download
what all my newsgroups and go offline, I can do this because the computer will
still perform all tasks but I can't use the interface properly.

Corrupted data does not mean the computer will crash. look at windows, it isn't
corrupted (can be dedated) but still crashs.

A crash is when you can't use the system/software at all. corruption can just
limit what can be done by the user/computer.

--
Bye for now,

Eben

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~tkid/

And one ring to rule ... err ... moderate them all!