Re: NRC <> Brisbane to Sydney safeworking.

David Proctor wrote:

> Krel wrote in message <364eb105.6864419@news.netconnect.com.au>...
>
> >This happen already in Victoria. It is called Section Authority
> >working. The train control graph is electronic; it will not allow
> >"cornfield meets". The train controller issues an electronic authority
> >via secure radio is the following format:-
>
> [...snip...]
>
> >On arrival at the home signal at the facing points you stop. Insert a
> >special key into a keylock that puts the main line signal back to red,
> >motors the points and then clears the signal for the loop.
>
> Why not just having trailable points like they do in Queensland - all trains
> in the Up direction go onto one road (loop or main, not sure which) all
> trains in down direction go into the other? The points are set up so that
> when a train leaves (against the points) they revert to their normal
> position. No need for keying then.

Well, then you still need some sort of keying if you have one train in the loop
and want another to cross it going the same way.

But what everyone is forgetting is the system in use on the brisbane corridor
makes everytrain stop and get a lump of metal that cannot* be wrong. It also
means that all crew have full control of there train, I.E. not allowing it to
trundle trough on autopilot.

* It has happened where the crew have removed the staff from the wrong machine
and taken the road.

--
Bye for now,

Eben

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~tkid/

And one ring to rule ... err ... moderate them all!