Re: HST's, pollies and dreamers.

dbromage@metz.une.edu.au (David Bromage) wrote:
[snip]
>Given that powerful, high speed gas turbine locomotives were proven 26
>years ago, and high speed freight, can you give me any reason why the two
>systems cannot be merged? All the technology is there, it just hasn't been
>done yet.

I am not doubting the technology is there, nor that it
can not be done, but at what cost.?   For what.?

Technology is available to do all sorts of admirable
and desirable things, in theory.   Putting it to
practicable use with cost recovery is another thing.

I suspect this "revolutionary" railway proposal is
really only a cover for another purpose and that is to
secure a corridor for a natural gas pipeline from
Darwin.  The huge NG deposits in the Timor sea will be
coming onshore into Darwin in a few years time.

----Tell
Alice Springs NT