Re: HST's, pollies and dreamers.

Tell (telljb@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
> dbromage@metz.une.edu.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> >The biggest hurdle for the project is the NT government. They currently
> >oppose the plan as it could be seen as a way for the federal government to
> >get out of the Alice Springs to Darwin railway.
>
> David please, .....me thinks you over estimate the
> influence of the NT Government some what.

It's been all over the ABC that the NT and SA government will oppose the
Melbourne to Darwin railway.

> The biggest hurdle to this line is the fact there is
> absolutely nothing, except a pencil line on a map.!
> Never mind that it is NOT a conventional railway.

It's conventional in that steel wheels run on steel rails. Are you arguing
that the TGV/Thalys/AVE/ICE/Eurostar/Pendolini/Shinkansen are not
conventional railways just because they run fast?

Cheers
David