Re: Start of ARTC.

It is interesting that you say that the ARTC should receive a subsidy, as
the road industry at the moment receives a subsidy via massive government
grants (if you read any of the road recovery reports).

What needs to be displayed to the public (voters), is the amount of money
being given by the government to the trucking industry. Tell me if I'm
wrong, but one report stated that only 20% of the road damage caused by the
largest trucks is recovered by diesel exise and registration fees.

As one American quote about the trucking industry goes,
"Up hill slow, down hill fast, tonnage first, safety last".

Ben Staples