Re: Start of ARTC.

>What is really needed, however, is true Bi-directional main lines.
>Many times I have been on a Superfreighter and followed a loaded grain
>train whilst the down main had no trains. Two main lines, two trains;
>Overtaking on bidirectional sounds like it would work. the only snag
>is SRA silly BiDirectional rules. What if both tracks were independent
>CTC lines that just happen to be side by side. Nah, far too radical
><vbg>.

>Cheers

>Krel

Which begs the interesting question , just how much bidirectional signalled
double track actually exists and is regularily used , ie the bidirectional bit.
The obvious example is Newport - Nth Geelong A , but how much more is there?
Also how often do overtaking movements on the Geelong line occur,ie
is this a regularily scheduled thing.
Krels right abought Harden to Goulburn , its an ideal candidate for this sort
of thing.
The other obvious question is what is a slow loaded wheatie doing running in
front of a faster freighter,(sounds like a controller stuffup to me.),or is it
more to do with the wheatie being a Freightcorp train / Graincorp Train & the
superfreighter an NR train.
Do Graincorp actually now run their own trains , with their own drivers ?

MD