Re: Tangaras and trees

Wollongong Quokka wrote:

> After we stopped, the driver had to call the guard twice via the train's PA
> system, the second time saying the intercom was down and the guard should
> get up the front pronto.

I wonder why the driver didn't give the guard 4 long bells?

>  I'm not sure if the guard was on his way or if
> he's a fast runner, since they normally travel at the rear of the second
> G-Set, but he did get there quickly.

Sometimes they travel in the 5th car until Waterfall / Helensburgh.

> As the guard went into the driver's compartment, the driver frustratedly
> told him that "nothing works in this shitbox", much to the amusement of the
> passengers in the front car.

Goninan Quality.  :-)

> After we moved off, the guard informed us that cause of the delay was that
> "a tree had fallen over and tripped the air"... which didn't mean a lot to
> us.  Anyone know what he meant by this?

Probably knocked the automatic train stop (see other posts for description of
one).  I have no idea why the driver required the guard to come up the front for
this.  The driver should be able to get the air back without the guard's
assistance, unless the guard pulled the tail until he could ascertain why the
air was lost in the first place.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard