Re: Tangaras and trees

David Johnson wrote in message <35A756F1.B8B2AFF2@ozemail.com.au>...
>Wollongong Quokka wrote:
>
>> After we stopped, the driver had to call the guard twice via the train's
PA
>> system, the second time saying the intercom was down and the guard should
>> get up the front pronto.
>
>I wonder why the driver didn't give the guard 4 long bells?

Ah... that's what that was.  Yes he did.  Several times.  No wonder he was
so frustrated by the time the guard got up the front.

>>  I'm not sure if the guard was on his way or if
>> he's a fast runner, since they normally travel at the rear of the second
>> G-Set, but he did get there quickly.
>
>Sometimes they travel in the 5th car until Waterfall / Helensburgh.

Ah... yes well, I only notice when I get off the train at my local station
down here... and notice the guard some distance off the platform. :)

--
Robs the Wollongong Quokka
http://profiles.yahoo.com/Wollongong_Quokka/