Tangaras and trees

The 17:18 Martin Place - Port Kembla service this evening was delayed by
about 15 minutes due to a fallen tree not far south of Heathcote.

After we stopped, the driver had to call the guard twice via the train's PA
system, the second time saying the intercom was down and the guard should
get up the front pronto.  I'm not sure if the guard was on his way or if
he's a fast runner, since they normally travel at the rear of the second
G-Set, but he did get there quickly.

As the guard went into the driver's compartment, the driver frustratedly
told him that "nothing works in this shitbox", much to the amusement of the
passengers in the front car.

After we moved off, the guard informed us that cause of the delay was that
"a tree had fallen over and tripped the air"... which didn't mean a lot to
us.  Anyone know what he meant by this?

--
Robs the Wollongong Quokka
http://profiles.yahoo.com/Wollongong_Quokka/