NR's to Moree and Never seen steam

I don't think the "single ended nature" of NR's matter.

Twice in recent weeks I have seen the steel train through Broadmeadows
(Vic) around midday with an NR long hood first both to and from Melbourne.
The more recent was last Wednesday. As far as I know, this train goes right
through to Sydney but how far the NR would run this way is another matter.
The earliest spot the engine could turn would be Seymour followed by
Wodonga... if the tables were long enough which I do not know. Just one
thing, would there be enough traffic to Moree to justify an NR? Just
interested to know!

In the case of never seen steam, would the Pimba to Woomera line have ever
seen steam. I have no idea when this line would have been built but post
1952 would be very dubious if a steamie went there. There would have been
no reason for the lines existence prior to the rocket program.  Also the
recent BHP line to Iron (Prince or Monarch?)  from the Iron Knob line would
not have seen steam,  What about Koorangang Island in NSW? The Standard
Gauge to Bandiana?

Cheers

Trevor Gibbs