Re: Start of ARTC.

>As its now only 2 days away from 1 July , when / if / god knows ARTC are
>supposed to be operational,does anyone know exactly what will happen , if
>anything.
>For example , will the PTC still publish MTPs which have the Albury -
Melb -
>Wolseley trains in them.
>Will the Western , nth eastern train controllers in 59 lt Collins St not
>bother reporting for work etc.
>It it all a big yawn.

It's all a big yawn.
Bodily eruptations aside, given that the ARTC will only be leasing the track
from VicTrack, I would suspect it is still in the train controllers'
interest to turn up for work as I presume that the ARTC would need to lease
their expertise in using the CTC system operating over the tracks concerned,
especially as I haven't heard of any great expensive plan to run it all via
modem link from Sydney, even if it were technically possible at present.
    I also doubt that the controllers' would be suddenly employed by ARTC
instead of VicTrack as I am sure ARTC heads would understand governments are
unpredictable and the Victorian Government could change their mind tomorrow
especially depending on the privatisation process of VLF and whether it
includes track or not and whether it would be more profitable to shaft ARTC
for the new buyer(s) of the Victorian railway system.