Re: Anybody notice that there were no W-Class trams in Melbourne today!

>Hi all,
>Did anybody in Melbourne today notice that there were no W-Class trams
>running on any line apart from the City Circle?
>
>I thought the 8,12 & 16 were always W-Class, but they had Z's & B's running
>on these tram routes!
>Would it have something to do with the ticket machines????

Something else odd which I noticed last week was when I went into the city
Thursday night, none of the validators on the trams worked, they all read
'CLOSED' on their screens. Given Melbourne is now apparently fully
Metcardified with the exception of National Bus Company (I noticed they have
taken down the Metcard and All Other Tickets signs from Box Hill station),
this struck me as a little odd. Any clues?
    Whilst we are discussing odd occurrences, why hasn't NBC STILL not got
validators when every other bus company seems to have them and are using
them?