Re: Metcard Implementation

Well, we're lagging behind the rest of the Frankston line, but tomorrow morning
we in Glenhuntly get our ATMs turned on - just a few days after the local tram
routes were turned on. They've put signs on top of the tram stop signs saying
something like "Trams on this route use Metcard and accept COIN ONLY", with
extra notices on the reverse of the timetable displays.

As far as the trains go, there was a huge "Automatic ticketing here tomorrow"
sign up at Glenhuntly station today. I'll try and remember to ask them what will
happen with the station building - will it be left open all day? It'll have to
be for the things to work, the ATMs on platforms 1&2 are inside the building.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne Australia.
Remove the spam bait to email me personally...