Re: Changes in Melbourne

billbolton@REMOVE-TO-EMAIL.acslink.net.au (Bill Bolton) wrote:
>I have no idea WHY they do it no, but a good reason for doing it is to
>spread the "single seat to/from the city" ride across the unique route
>sections to both destinations.  Passengers generally dislike changing
>trains.

I think it backfires. I don't think everybody knows it works like this. When I
lived in Hawthorn, I used to see people on Sundays let a Lilydale or Belgrave
train go by - because they obviously wanted the other, and didn't know that on
Sundays and evenings you should go to Ringwood and change.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne Australia.
Remove the spam bait to email me personally...