Re: Metcard Implementation

Daniel Bowen wrote:

> Well, we're lagging behind the rest of the Frankston line, but tomorrow morning
> we in Glenhuntly get our ATMs turned on - just a few days after the local tram
> routes were turned on. They've put signs on top of the tram stop signs saying
> something like "Trams on this route use Metcard and accept COIN ONLY", with
> extra notices on the reverse of the timetable displays.

Well, the No 67 tram up Glenhuntly Road used to be my local until I left
Melbourne for New Zealand, and of course on my last visit back last
September I took another ride on it. There was still a seated conductor.

How has the changeover gone?

I still think it is absurd that you cannot buy an all-day ticket on the
ATM trams. It must be a Kennett plot to drive passengers away.

Dave McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand