Re: Metcard Implementation

Daniel Bowen wrote:

> Well, we're lagging behind the rest of the Frankston line, but tomorrow morning
> we in Glenhuntly get our ATMs turned on - just a few days after the local tram
> routes were turned on. They've put signs on top of the tram stop signs saying
> something like "Trams on this route use Metcard and accept COIN ONLY", with
> extra notices on the reverse of the timetable displays.
>
> As far as the trains go, there was a huge "Automatic ticketing here tomorrow"
> sign up at Glenhuntly station today. I'll try and remember to ask them what will
> happen with the station building - will it be left open all day? It'll have to
> be for the things to work, the ATMs on platforms 1&2 are inside the building.
>
> Daniel
> --
> Daniel Bowen, Melbourne Australia.
> Remove the spam bait to email me personally...

I went past Mitcham station on Wednesday night and the Down Platform Building
was locked up.  It has the machines and the automatic gates in it.  This station
is a Premium Station and is locked up?

The Up platform was unlocked but why go over there just to buy a ticket?

Chris Gordon
cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord