Re: Train Cleaning, Was Pass Locos

Ashley Wright wrote in message <34bdcdbc.10912286@news.ozemail.com.au>...

:  As for loco cabs, and presumably city rail cabs, surly to christ the
:drivers and gaurds should be expected within reason to keep their
:working enviroment clean.

How? As I said before, Fireman are supposed to maintain the cleanliness of
the loco cab and are only supplied with a dustpan, brush and toilet brush.
If the cab is filthy, there's nothing they can do. I don't think CityRail
passengers would take too kindly to the Driver stopping for 20 or 30 minutes
at Central to mop the floor, clean the windows and instrument panels etc.

: I work as a public servant

You make it so easy :-)

 :(technical, not
:pen pusher) and the office where I worked in Canberra (which is a
:control room in a larger computer room), gets cleaned only about once
:a month by 'cleaners'. The obvisouly is not good enough but all the
:workers in there, many who are sloths at the best of times take pride
:in MAINTAING a clean (and HEALTHY) working enviroment. If that meant
:vacuming and mopping the floors, and cleaing the kitchen then so be
:it, it got done much to the appreciation of all the other co-workers.

And management who were able to reduce the cleaning back to once a month.

:  Provided the right cleaing aids were installed on the trains then
:why would it not be possible to expect drivers/gaurds/assitants to do
:their little bit in mainting their OWN enviroment?? (I exclude the
:passenger compartments from this!!)

And just where would they clean the locos? Pull up at Lidcombe trailing back
through the junction so they can get a bucket of hot water?