Re: Pass Locos

Bob wrote in message <34B95C7D.E9F3CC54@fastlink.com.au>...
:
:tezza wrote:
:
:> No, I say most locos are useless - which they are. About the only good
:> shunting locos are 45's 48's and 49's.  Unfortunately except for the
:> upgraded Mark III&IV 48's the rest have shitty cab conditions.
:> The 80's shed power when you drop a notch whilst shunting, which is no
good
:> in a gravity yard. (I didn't miss the smiley)

:I wonder if tezza would be a train driver? Sounds like one! They never stop
:whinging about a loco. Trouble is they dont know a good thing when they
areon
:one. O.K. old mate, what is a good loco? It seems that you like to tell us
:adout the ones that you dont
:like.                                                        Bob
:
:
Mainly because most of them are old pieces of shit, poorly maintained and
filthy dirty. Drivers have as much right to a clean workplace as the next
bloke. There's no way the managers would put up with their offices or cars
being in the filthy state the locos are in or their cars as poorly
maintained.

As stated above the upgraded Mark III&IV 48's are good. The 81's are good
but are really starting to show their age. The 82's are good apart from poor
braking but they're even starting to look pretty crook as the cabs are never
cleaned properly. None of the loco cabs are properly cleaned. The 86's
aren't bad but the cabs and seats are antiquated, there is a big dust
problem that has taken about 10 years for management to even acknowledge let
alone fix. They are also very noisy.

A truck driver wouldn't put up with a train driver's shitty conditions.