:tezza wrote:
:
:> Terry Burton wrote in message
:> <69h7r9$o7g$3@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...
:> :"tezza" <tezza@atinet.com.au> wrote:
snip
:>********************************************
:>The 82's were good to start with but neither
:> FreightCorp nor Ready Power clean or maintain them properly so they are
fast
:> starting to look like the rest of the derelicts.
:> ********************************************
:>
:> When you consider that the 82s only return to their home depot every 92
days,
:> you can hardly blame Ready Power for the filthy state of a loco once it
:> reaches Sydney. With these units in particular the SRA staff and mainly
:> cleaners have developed a "couldn't give a shit " attitude and as such
they do
:> get filthy. I can tell you however ,that each loco is washed from top to
:> bottom and the cabs thoroughly cleaned every 92 days. I could tell you
some
:> horror stories about their condition upon return to the Kooragang depot
but
:> that would take hours. I wonder if the guy that pissed in the fridge
recently
:> does that to his own fridge at home?
:
:                                                    Bob
*************************************
I can't believe that Ready Power "thoroughly clean the cabs". I haven't seen
a clean cab for more than a year. That 6 inch black mark around the bottom
of the walls is still there. FreightCorp maintenance staff and cleaners
don't have any particular attitude against 82's, they couldn't give a shit
about all the locos.

I could quite believe the condition of the cabs. When you have 2 people in
them 24 hours a day, getting in and out in all types of weather, traipsing
through mud and grease before getting into the cab. For other locos they
have have to go through filthy enginerooms covered in oil and grease, which
then gets spread through the cab. Then when the cleaners do their usual
shitty job, well.... that's what you get.
: