Re: The ghost of Tasmania Limited

David:

My god you are a fast thinker! Last night I was reading Geelong City map I
found out all the Tasmania bound ferry go through Bellarine Pennisula channel
before off to Tassie, so anywhere near this area would accelerate the
journey,since train run faster than ferries ,this would save at least 2 hours
off the schedule. Long Island, may have potential for a standard gauge line
but I don't think the work can carry out at busy Melbourne suburban lines.

Now back to my idea of reopen branch lines you mention "South Geelong to
Leopol" line have potential of reopening, why not "Narrow Gaugelise" that
line from Geelong(Dual gauge to South Geelong)all the way to Queensclife with
a bogie exchange facilities at Geelong. Train would not interference with the
already narrow gauged tourist trains and all you need is a short branch to
Queensclife wharf.

Geelong may have potentials for ATN's freight trains as well since this town
is full of factories, therefore steel produced from Tasmania can be ship to
Geelong. If this can be done Geelong would have 3 different gauge all fully
in operation

Now back to reality, a very rich and full of vision operators wanted!

James