Re: The ghost of Tasmania Limited

*sigh*

Everyday, as I drive past the stationary "Margate" Train/market, with the
obsolete MA3 at it's head, I glance along the collection of carriages down
to ASC1 (Articulated Saloon Car) and remember fondly many hours spent on the
Tasman Limited.  Is it really 20 years ago since I saw the last one pull out
of Penguin Station? I guess it is...

With the new Catamaran Service docking only meters away from the Bell Bay
line, it would be possible to have some integrated train/ferry service.  It
would require a little imagination, an entrepeneur willing to risk it, and
ATN to convert the narrow guage to standard, but its a nice thought.

Yes, our scenery is free, and what better way of looking at it than by
train.

Bring back the Tasman- we miss the old girl