The ghost of Tasmania Limited

I had a strange dream last night: I dreamed I was in Sydney Terminal. A train
was lying at platform 1, the billboard written: “Tasmania Limited” hmm,
interesting! I aboard the train sit down in the comfortable dining car enjoy
wonderful seafood from Tasmania. After dinner I walked to the last carriage,
it was a dome-observation car similar to the “Canadian”. Seeing starlight
sparkling from the roof what an experience that was. I showed the conductor
my ticket he lead me into my room, it was a deluxe room, so spacious and
comfortable. Next morning we arrived in Spencer Street picked up a few
passengers and head to Swanson’s dock. A train ferry opened its front end and
train ran into the ship. Few hours later, we were docked at Wynard. After
bogie exchange we headed of toward our terminal Hobart.By the time I got off
at Hobart, I turn around want to give a last look of this beautiful train
suddenly I wake up in my bed.  I actually looked around for a while make sure
this is my room not the deluxe cabinet. I then lying on my bed and think this
is just a dream, but it was so real, I must have met the ghost of Tasmania
Limited since this year is the 20th anniversary of its death.  This train
could not possible to run without huge investment by a company, even if it
did would it be able to produce ticket price compete with airlines? I also
don’t think Tasmania can produce enough freight for a through running train
to mainland even if ATN successfully overtakes V/line freight and National
rail to justify facility like train ferry and bogie exchange facilities. This
is just a dream, but then again 5 years ago I dreamed of I took a train from
Sydney to Carins without changing train!

James “in wonderland”