Re: The ghost of Tasmania Limited

Some additional points to bring my dreams come true:
(actaully to let Tasmania see regular passenger trains again is dream
for everone)

Passenger counts:
According to local newspaper TT link recently enjoys booming on its
passengers I guess there is a potential for this train. IF CAREFULLY
MARKETED.

Time tabling
I'm not too familiar with ships, I don't know how fast this train ferry
from NZ is. I know TT link's cataman takes 6 hours to cross the strait
I assume it will take 8 hours for this ferry. I table it to depart
Sydney at evening resembles "Southern Aurora" so passengers may use
this train between Melbourne and Sydney rather than taking "XPT=eXpect
Poor (service on this) Train"!
I'm not familiar with Tassie either "I guess" it would take 4 hours
from any ferry terminal on Northern Tasmania to Hobart.

Rollingstock:
I mentioned EL class as they are surplus and recently sold to leasing
company. I know they still have the ability to haul passenger service
nicely. Whereas on the otherside, Some surplus English Electrics
recently replaced by GM locos could get a bit of help. Rail Digest also
mention their reliability had improved.
Whereas passenger coaches, SRA is about to sell a few surplus passenger
stocks. I have another wild idea, how about "EuroNightStar" stock? I'm
not sure British loading gauge compare to ours but I know their MK2 can
run on New Zealand's track nicely. I also knew they are very heavy due
to equipments necessary for different European railway systems.
2 Els can do the job? I'm sure they don't need refurbishment(not even
repaint) throw away a few unnecessary components might reduce its
weight.

Now, any more suggestions?

James