Re: The ghost of Tasmania Limited

----------
In article <74q8kf$ouu$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, thalytgv@my-dejanews.com
wrote:

departure :
Sydney    1930
Melbourne 700/745
Swantson Dock 0n load and change gauge 800
Somewhere in Tassie                   1600 (prefer Bell Bay line )
Hobart                                2000
----------
Alternative to Bell Bay->  Burnie.  That way the train arrives at an
exisiting infrastructure, and runs all but 25 kms of the original Tasman Ltd
run. Also has the advantage of linking with an "ideal" West Coast service
that would take people somewhere close enough to catch the ABT railway,
which, little Johnny permitting, will re-open in 2000.

----------
>1.convince ATN to build bogie changing facility at Swanston Dock for its
freight train through runnig 2.Train Ferry can compet with TT Link while not
carry this train.
----------
Good idea
----------

>ticket price at reason able amount best if it can compare with airlines.

----------
Only worry is the new airline carrier into Tasmania offering $50 one way
fares to Melbourne
----------

>operators: GSR or ATN or Tranz Scenic (NZ) or QR or West Coast Rail
(someone
who is not affraid to try) and here is the ghost, BOOOOOOOO!

careful- one part of my current job description is ghost-busting!

>Critcs?
bound to be!