Re: Metcard Private Ticket Inspectors

> Do you mean that, for example, at Ringwood (which is zone 3), the TVMs
> should also sell Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 1/2, and Rail+2 (which is only
> available for Zone 1) tickets?  I don't think this is such a good idea,
> as from time to time, I have caught customers who try to "cheat" the
> system.  Under the current arrangement, the only way to purchase tickets
> that do not cover the zone you are in, is to purchase from the booking
> office staff.
>
> I.C.

I think the machine should sell all types of tickets, but the validator
does not allow validation in the wrong zone.
There has been several times where I have only had a zone 1+2 ticket, but
wanted to go to zone 3.  There is nothing I can do!! (Especially at an
un-manned station).  I have come very close to getting a fine twice now,
becuase "you should have a ticket" even though I couldn't do anything!!

Gareth