Re: Metcard Private Ticket Inspectors

>I think the machine should sell all types of tickets, but the validator
>does not allow validation in the wrong zone.
>There has been several times where I have only had a zone 1+2 ticket, but
>wanted to go to zone 3.  There is nothing I can do!! (Especially at an
>un-manned station).  I have come very close to getting a fine twice now,
>becuase "you should have a ticket" even though I couldn't do anything!!

This is a real problem.  A colleague commutes to work with a Zone 1
weekly or monthly, but once a week travels to Glen Waverley overnight
- in zone 2.  Apart from pre-purchasing tickets, he has difficulties.
It is difficult to purchase a zone 2 whilst in zone 1, and the idea of
detraining at one of the common-zone stations to buy a ticket, meaning
the journey continues on the next train, is a joke.

Coming back to the city in the morning is just as stupid.  He can buy
his Zone 2 at Glen Waverley, but his periodical won't work the gates
when he arrives at the city because it is not validated.  Will there
always be a staffed exit at city stations - with sensible people
there?

Cheers...JD
John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html