Re: Metcard Private Ticket Inspectors

Roderick Smith wrote:

> Because Melbourne's rules are amongst the world's worst: customers are
>
> expected to wear the inconvenience and workload of a shoddy design,
> far
> from world best practice.
> To create a customer-friendly system:
> * All machines should sell all ticket types..

Do you mean that, for example, at Ringwood (which is zone 3), the TVMs
should also sell Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 1/2, and Rail+2 (which is only
available for Zone 1) tickets?  I don't think this is such a good idea,
as from time to time, I have caught customers who try to "cheat" the
system.  Under the current arrangement, the only way to purchase tickets
that do not cover the zone you are in, is to purchase from the booking
office staff.

I.C.

Iming Chan                                     Station Staff, Ringwood
                                                       Hillside Trains
Email: chani@translib.com.au                      Melbourne, Australia
   ** To reply, please remove 'X' at the end of my email address **