Re: Metcard Private Ticket Inspectors

Iming Chan wrote in message <367049DB.590CF7B2@translib.com.au>...

>Do you mean that, for example, at Ringwood (which is zone 3), the TVMs
>should also sell Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 1/2, and Rail+2 (which is only
>available for Zone 1) tickets?  I don't think this is such a good idea,
>as from time to time, I have caught customers who try to "cheat" the
>system.  Under the current arrangement, the only way to purchase tickets
>that do not cover the zone you are in, is to purchase from the booking
>office staff.

There needs to be some way to do this - what if I have a Zone 1/2 Weekly and
find myself at an unattended station and wish to travel to Zone 3? I am
buggered if I am going to get off at the boundary and wait for the next
train (they can fine me all they like - NSW authorities are not going to
follow up a Victorian fare evasion fine).

David Proctor
daproc.spambait@umpires.com