Re: Fuelling the Patricks Train\and the brain

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997 18:58:07 +1000, Rod Young <berlina@bigpond.com>
wrote:

snip

>WHAT [GOOD] has come from a Kennett Liberal Government in Victoria?
>

>Think very carefully, and consider only
>1.  The Future
>
>Rod

Some might say that reducing the taxpayer contribution to rail by
about $245 million each year, making the system a little less
inefficient, and less of a financial drain on the rest of society, and
even of more use,  even at the expense of some of the unnecessary and
reasonably paid jobs was not a bad thing.   Even those long protected
species the school teacher, the university teacher and the health
professional have had to justify their existences and costs for the
first time in about fifty years.   Maybe some of the rigour has gone
too far: some of this is now being restored: at least the State will
not be bankrupt.   The way your friends of the other persuasion were
going, the liquidators would have been in  by now and what does that
achieve?
Anyway, what about we spare the political diatribes, and even
reasonable and restrained remarks like mine <grin> to an appropriate
group?

Cheers,
Tony