Re: New Yard at Camberwell Station

Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in article
<5v8b22$evr@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>...
>  see a simple solution to be to move Laburnum to Middleborough Rd and
then there would be room for three lines over Laburnman St.  It would be a
bit cramped for the station but you could get away with only two platforms
and the centre road without.  As for Heatherdale, move it to the other side
of Heatherdale Rd.  It should fit through the cutting.  Doing this would
also make a good time to do some grade seperation between Box Hill and
Ringwood.

I don't like this idea.
Being a regular patron of this station I would miss the wonderful view of
MT Donna Buang from the up platform if the station moved.

>From an engineering point of view, the earth from widening the cutting
would be needed for the embankments on the other side anyway.

The Scoresby Freeway is proposed to pass under this line between
Heatherdale and Ringwood. One would hope that provision for a third line is
made on the new bridge.

--
Cheers

John Wayman