Re: [NSW]New Train Crewing Boss

"BEE EFF" <mcreely@pnc.com.au> wrote in message
3A984681.5EFC54E8@pnc.com.au">news:3A984681.5EFC54E8@pnc.com.au...
> Depends on when Tezza is talking about,
>
> A few years ago it used to be Block Tele from Marulan to
Exeter(Marulan-Medway,
> Medway - Wingello, Wingello - Bundanoon and Bundanoon - Exeter), with
Automatic
> Sections either side.
>
> Then they cut Marulan out, made it an Automatic Section from Goulburn to
> Medway, then Block Tele from Medway to Exeter.
>
> I think Tezza is wrong it probably would have been either a  Distant or
1st
> home(certainly not an accept).
>
> But with regard to accept signals there are always exceptions to the
rule(ie
> Balmain Rd two gazetted Accept Signals - 1 after the other), and if you
were to
> always apply the rule that an accept is the 1st controlled stick after an
auto
> section, Wingello's distant on the up would actually be an accept as there
is
> an isolated distant and auto in the section between Medway and Wingello.
>
> Just throwing a spanner in the works

In safeworking schools you were asked how you could tell if a section was
block telegraph. The answer was the provision of lower quadrant signals.
However, Medway and Wingello have colour light signals - another spanner in
the works.

Yet another spanner in the works - In the middle of the block telegraph
section Harden South to Wallendbeen, you come across Demondrille with its
accepting signals.

BTW, one of Demondrille's accepts has an oval plate (box normally cut out),
and the other has a rectangular plate (box normally cut in). In addition,
some knucklehead has put an accept plate on the down distant !

runaway.