Re: [NSW]New Train Crewing Boss

Chris Downs wrote:

> Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message

> > Could she have pulled off the old Accept at Marulan? (I think I've got the
> > wrong place but it's years since I've been down there. Where the ore trains
> > used to come off the branch.)
>
> Must have been the old Accepts lucky day!

I think not. There was never an Accept at Medway Junction, which seems
to be the popular choice for Tezza's intended location - because in the
mechanical-lever era,  there was NSW standard block in each direction,
and Accepts don't exist in block telegraph sections. There was no branch
at Marulan, and the only Accept there was power-operated anyway. So back
to the drawing board.

Indeed, I would be interested to see a list of locations where Accepts
were ever mechanically operated.

I agree that pulling off the mechanical distants at Medway Junction may
have been difficult at times.