Re: Alice-Darwin Line

No that is not true, even in Vietnam the old Bailey bridge was swung into
action and the Mekong, over a km wide, was bridged in 48 hours.
For those that do not know, a Bailey is a girder bridge kit, which can be
built in many different configurations, and by double or even triple girders
being bolted together, it can take both road and rail traffic over
obstacles, and be assembled very quickly.It looks a bit like a model Airfix
girder bridge, or the Dynon Junction Girder over the Marribynong.
Rod
3a8db07e@kastagir.senet.com.au">news:3a8db07e@kastagir.senet.com.au...