Re: Alice-Darwin Line

There is a problem with rapid rail deployment in these
heady days of "technology" unless the route is heavily
defended, all it takes is a "smart" bomb and or a SAS
type group to knock out a rail bridge and its back to
road transport. :)

An ANU academic did an extensive study on defences in
Northern Australia many years ago which resulted in the
heavy duty presence we have up that way today, one of
his "briefs" was whether a rail link to Darwin would be
essential from a defence point of view, he Paul Dibb(s)
stated categorically that a rail link to Darwin for
defence purposes was not necessary.!

His report is on the public record.

....Tell