Re: Yarra Trams Article in Sunday Age

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
afGf6.111355$lV5.2439224@news2.giganews.com">news:afGf6.111355$lV5.2439224@news2.giganews.com...
> TRANSPORT (PASSENGERS AND RAIL FREIGHT) REGULATIONS 1994 - SECT 104
>
> "designated area" means an area within rail premises designated by the
> relevant passenger transport company by means of signs in or near the area
> as
> an area for being on which a ticket is required;

So if there's no signs, it can't be a paid area?

Most "Paid area" signs that I've seen have been at stations with fare gates,
so it should be obvious. However, there are signs at Moorabbin, which only
has validators. The vast majority of suburban stations have neither, which
makes it seem from this that the platform is not a paid area.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au