Re: Yarra Trams Article in Sunday Age

I know you directed this at rail roamer,

but my view is that it isn't. The regs say (from memory) that "land or
premeses" has to be signed as such (ie, as a paid area).

Either RailRoamer or Comrade Proctor can be bothered looking up the reg
in question.

VW

In article <Zjvf6.834$tT3.7478@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
  "Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote:

> "Rail Roamer" <leadscout@one.net.au> wrote in message
> 3a7e3cf5_5@news01.one.net.au">news:3a7e3cf5_5@news01.one.net.au...
> > Section 221 (3)
> > Subject to sub-section (2), a person who makes a journey in a
carrigae, or
> > is on land or premises for entry to which a ticket is required,
> > without having in his possession a ticket that is valid for that
journey
> or
> > entry is guilty of an offence.
>
> Hey you'd probably know...
>
> Is a station platform, beyond the validators, but which does not have
> "Paid area" sign displayed, and has no physical ticket barriers,
within the
> paid area? eg Can I legally wait to meet someone, on a typical
suburban
> station platform without a ticket?
>
> Daniel
> --