Re: Tempe - Incorrect Signage?

"Chris Downs" .
| Tezza
| > "Optus"
| > | The 5:08pm from
| > | Central to East Hills never arrives at East Hills less than 5 mins
late.
| > | There are normally no delays along the track on this service yet it
can
| > | never run close to timetable.
| >
| > It is generally caused by the all stations Bankers in front of it. They
| > delay most East Hills services, which then delay most Campbelltown
trains.
| > I've never been able to work out why the Bankers run late though, they
have
| > plenty of catch-up time.
|
| And all too often the down "Banker" runs late because it is held on the
rise
| to the South West Ocean Outfall between Wolli Creek and Turrella awaiting
the
| passage of the overtaking Campbelltown/Macarthur service.

If a Banker gets that far, I'm not surprised it's held up - the idiot
signaller would be trying to work out how the hell to sort out the mess he's
caused.

| My most recent
| experience was an on-time ex-Central Banker was held there over 6' minutes
the
| other week, not far short of half Banker headways.  From my experience
over
| 50% of PM Bankers are held like this for at least a couple of minutes.

No Bankers are held there. Your experience must be drug induced.

| In this case the 7' late Camp/Mac service made the Banker 6' late.
Assuming
| the down PM Banker makes up no time before East Hills (most have had 1 or
2
| extra stops added compared with the original 21/05/00 'table dashing
recovery
| hopes) the following Camp/Mac service would have been at least 5' late
through
| East Hills and the following Camp/Mac service 2' late ex east Hills, 4
late
| runners for the price of 1!

And none of them caused by a Banker at that location.

| Two tracks Turrella - East Hills with no overtaking facility and/or lack
of
| intermediate turnback facility (with a separate turnback road) is the
problem.

Not for Bankers.

| There are 9 intermediate stations and in most peak quarter hours 1 Banker
and
| 2 through Camp/Mac services with different stopping patterns.

Bankers don't go through there.

|  Each train is
| no more than 2' to 3' behind the preceding service at some point and no
more
| than 2' to 3' ahead of the following service at a different point, that's
the
| compounding factor.
|
| Sadly quadruplication from Turrella to Kingsgrove will only bring limited
| improvement, the largest benefit being the cessation of Bankers stopped on
the
| sewer climb.

No Bankers there.

| Quarter hourly Bankers all stations via AL to Riverwood and
| 2 Camp/Mac services/quarter hour (1 via AL) picking up stations Riverwood
| Macarthur.

Bankers don't go to Riverwood - unless the idiot signalman and guard turned
Driver are smoking the same batch as you.