Re: [NSW] Five (in a car) thought dead after train crash

In article <jehf7tclj3ouvhcofcdsv46apr992qfkrr@4ax.com>,
  billbolton@computer.org wrote:
> usenet.spam@gunzel.net (Michael) wrote:
>
>> The likelyhood of someone driving through a set of booms and into a
>> train would most likely be significantly reduced compared to that of
>> driving through a set of red lights and into a train.
>
> They don't drive through the boom gates, they drive AROUND them.

True ... although in the case in question where the idiot appeared to be
racing the train, weaving around booms at 160 kmh would be unlikely.  I
think in this particular case, assuming the driver knew that there were
booms, the accident would have been avoided.  Of course, I use the term
"accident" with care - there is little indication that this was a true
"accident".

--
John Dennis
Home of the HOn30 Dutton Bay Tramway