Re: [QLD] Red Rattlers be damned!

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:08:38 +1300, David McLoughlin
<davemcl@NO***damned***SPAMiprolink.co.nz> wrote:

[---]

>When was Brisbane's last steam-hauled train in regular passenger
>service? I remember when I was very small being on one going through the
>tunnel between Central and the Valley. The carriage filled up with soot.

I seem to recall seeing a notice to drivers of steam and diesel
engines at one end of that tunnel, warning that they were not to
proceed past the signal unless it was showing a *green* aspect,
presumably to ensure that the loco didn't get stopped half-way
through.