Re: (NSW) South Coast electrification

In article <urbd6.12200$65.66247@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,
  "gm4201" <gm4201@nospambigpond.com> wrote:
> The staunchions have been going up for about 3 weeks.
> No additional stations to be built but...

There is a rumour that a new station will be built between Oak Flats
and Dunmore and will be named 'Flinders'. However this is not part of
the Scope of Works for the electrification job.

> Oak Flats to be moved south to near the road overbridge, Albion Park
gets a
> new down platform which is well underway, Dunmore (Shellharbour) gets
a new
> up platform.

Minnamurra platform extended, Kiama platform extended south after the
points are slewed.

> Work is underway on the signalling which will replace all the
semaphores
> from Dapto to Bomaderry.

Which reminds me, I'd better get back to doing it :-)

regards Ian
Signal Design Engineer
Dapto, NSW

> Regards,
> Chris Stratton,
> Wollongong, NSW.

> "Mathew Quaid" <quaidy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> 4rbd6.91363$xW4.694741@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:4rbd6.91363$xW4.694741@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > Noted on the weekend- staunchions for the wires trackside stretching
> > southwards towards but not reaching Albion Park. Does anyone know
if these
> > are recent works and whether anything else has been done? What is
the
> latest
> > on possible additional stations?

Sent via Deja.com