Re: [NSW]CCTV Spying on staff

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3ad3b380$0$25467$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3ad3b380$0$25467$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> "runaway" <whipfest@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> 3ad397fd@news.iprimus.com.au">news:3ad397fd@news.iprimus.com.au...
> | "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
> | >
> | > Supervests do not prevent accidents or deaths - as has been shown by
the
> | > SRA's own figures. Not wearing one is only a breach of discipline, not
> | > safety.
> |
> | Try telling that to a WorkCover inspector, who can give you an on the
spot
> | fine for not wearing one in a designated area (and they have nothing to
do
> | with SRA's disciplinary policy).
>
> That's actually what I meant. It has nothing to do with safety.

They may not prevent death directly, i.e. they will not act as a bullet
proof vest, but from the Drivers perspective they give him a lot more time
to see you and therefore take action (i.e. Break) earlier which may well
result in you not being cut in half or at least sound the horn in enough
time to wake you up so you can move away.

Anyone who goes on the track in the mistaken belief that they are above the
rules and do not need vests is as mad as the drunken driver doing 130 kph
with no seat belt - perfectly safe till being hit by something.

Safety is everyones responsability not just the guy with the more powerfull
vehicle.

Auz Viz