Re: Splitting trains (was Connex train splitting)

Dave Proctor wrote:

> "Peter" <railvic@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
> 3ACD2684.EB109403@iprimus.com.au">news:3ACD2684.EB109403@iprimus.com.au...
> > Dave Proctor wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > Seems to me that it is not happening with Connex because they do not
> want it
> > > to happen, rather than it being technically or legally impossible.
> > >
> > > Dave
> >
> > I don't think M>Trains (Bayside) does this either ...
>
> Nowhere on the M>Trains network where it would be practicable, IMNSHO.
> Connex, on the other hand, have Ringwood where it would be perfect, one
> train to Ringwood and divide, one set to Belgrave, the other to Lilydale.
>
> Dave

How about:

Newport - One set to Williamstown and other to Werribee; and
Dandenong - One set to Pakenham and other to Cranbourne.

And, if they electrify Frankston-Stony Point line, they could also
divide at Frankston and have one set continue to Stony Point while other
set stays at Frankston.